Holistic Bodyworks Apprenticeship Program
Holistic Bodyworks offers a unique option for getting your training to become a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT).
You will get all the same quality information that a school would provide, but with a much smaller class size (no more than 2), hands-on experience with a professional licensed massage therapist, and all this for half the cost. You will also have the benefit of being licensed as an apprentice under your supervising massage therapist with the ability to make money as you train.
Being a massage therapy apprentice is a great way of helping others by learning a new profession of natural healing and allows students to avoid costly education debt while gaining valuable business experience. This also allows each apprentice to build their clientele base as they train. Apprentices leave the program with a working knowledge of creating their own massage therapy business and their clientele already established.
The program takes about 12-18 months to complete. Utah requires 700 classroom hours (classroom and hands-on), and 300 student clinic hours for each massage apprentice. Our program provides that and more. Once the program is complete, our apprentices will be proficient massage therapists that specialize in Reflexology, Prenatal massage, Lymphatic Drainage massage, Japanese Shiatsu, Myofascial Release, and CranioSacral. We also bring in other professionals to learn from as featured guest speakers and teachers.
Each apprentice will learn about all kinds of massage and bodywork, along with a thorough knowledge in:
· Human Anatomy and Physiology, Kinesiology, & Pathology.
· Massage History and Development, Contraindications, Areas of Caution, Benefits and Effects of Massage.
· Ethics, Laws, and Regulations.
· Client Assessments and Treatment Planning.
· Achieve an understanding of the benefit and limitations of massage therapy. When necessary, refer patients/client to other practitioners.
· Teach the business skills necessary to either work as an employee or successfully operate a massage therapy practice.
· Encourage students to be aware of client/patient care and coaching in self-care.
· Learn proper movement during massage. Promote safety, longevity and prevent injury.
· Student Clinic - Applying all skills and knowledge while working with members of the public in a supervised setting, while making money.
Choosing our massage apprentice program over a massage school gives you the added benefits of:
Costs considerably less than massage schools
Smaller class size (no more than 2)
Opportunity of NO education debt
Make money while in training
Extensive business training
A clientele base being built while training
Classes are starting soon.
Please contact Stephanie Fredricksen, LMT for further details
Utah’s Department of Professional Licensing Massage Therapy information page http://www.dopl.utah.gov/licensing/massage_therapy.html
Learn more about the massage law and apprentice requirements listed on Utah’s Department of Professional Licensing http://www.dopl.utah.gov/laws/R156-47b.pdf